760.329.6448 - Call 24 hours a day for emergency service
Click here to register your account.

MSWD Home | Contact Us | My Account

We take security seriously. That's why all of our pages are monitored, encrypted, and secured with the latest technologies.

Customer Service

Ask us how to pay your Mission Springs Bill with CASH at 7-Eleven
Life moves fast, make time for the things that matter most!
Now you can pay your bill at a 7-Eleven store in your own neighborhood.
Save time and be confident that your bill has been paid on time.

New Accounts

December 6, 2014: The Board has approved ordinance No. 2014-3, repealing sections 6.02.01, 6.02.02 and 6.02.03 related to tenant accounts. This change discontinues the practice of processing tenant applications for water service and moves the responsibility of putting the tenant’s name on the water bill to the owner. The district will send out a notice to property owners and tenants of the changes, how to proceed with implementation, and timeline for implementation.
Where To Apply
Establish new service by coming into the Administrative Office at
66575 Second Street, Desert Hot Springs.

When To Apply
During lobby hours,
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

What You Will Need:
  • Property Owners
    Must provide proof of ownership.
  • Property Renters
    Bring a copy of your rental agreement.
  • Government issued photo ID such as:
    · driver’s license
    · passport
    · military ID
Account Deposit
Residential and commercial customers with good credit and payment history with MSWD may not be required to pay a deposit. Customers without payment history with the District are required to pay a deposit of $82 for water service. All water and/or sewer deposits accrue interest at the rate set by law. If acceptable payment history is maintained, deposits will be refunded after one year of service, including interest. A deposit is required from all tenants when applying for service and are payable by check or cash only.

Application Forms
All new accounts require a completed Application for Water Service.
New installations of water meters require a completed Application for New Water Meter Installation.
View the Water and Sewer Installation and Connection Fees.
Download the Safe•Pay Application.
Visit the SafePay Info page to learn more about this service.

Time Saving Tip
Complete your forms in advance. Bring the completed forms with you to the Administrative Office at 66575 Second Street in Desert Hot Springs.

Costs Of Service

MSWD customers can readily control their water bill by controlling their consumption. You can find cost details on the cost of water service page and how to read your water bill.

Sewer charges are based on residential, multifamily or business category. Find details on the cost of sewer service.

For both water and sewer service, the monthly fixed charge will apply to all accounts, whether the meter service is active or not. Why? Once connected to the water or sewer system, capacity to service your property must be permanently available. Ongoing maintenance and costs associated with that capacity must be recovered rather than spread to other active rate payers.

Cost of water service  

Cost of sewer service

Change Of Address

How To Change Your Address
Keep your billing information up to date by mailing us your completed Change of Address Form or bringing it in to the Administrative Office during lobby hours. You may also fill out the change of address notice form located on the back of your water service bill.


Vacation Disconnection Service:
Residential customers who will be away for a while often inquire about turning off their water service. MSWD recommends turning off service as a protective measure if no friend or family is available to check the status of the property.

Vacation/Absence Notice
Generally, there is no cost advantage for discontinuing service during a vacation. Here’s why: the charge for water service disconnection is $50 and the charge for reconnection is $50. The water service fee of $9.32 per month remains in effect during periods of non-use. The sewer service charge also remains in effect during periods of non-use.

If you wish to have vacation service, you must complete a Request for Disconnection Form and submit it to the Administration Office at 66575 Second Street, allowing 48 hours advance notice. Our Service Department will handle your request between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please note that forms sent by mail may take several days to arrive, so mail your form at least one week in advance of your disconnection date or bring it to the office in person for best service.